American Water Damage has a step-by-step process to remediate problems with mold in your home or office.
1. We start by sending an environmental professional to perform a full mold inspection of your premises. They start by collecting pertinent information from you regarding any water damage you may have had in the past, the length of time and reason you suspect you have a mold problem as well as any possible health symptoms you have been experiencing. This will provide our trained technicians with all the information regarding the structure and the occupants inside of it.
2. Our technicians then perform a visual assessment by doing a walk-through to determine possible areas of suspect growth. Infrared Thermography is used throughout to ascertain possible indications of water damage and to assist in locating any moisture intrusions as well as any construction defects possibly causing or attributing to your mold issue.
3. The technicians will determine the best course of action regarding which type of testing is going to be most effective for your property. All samples are sent to a third-party laboratory for analysis, in order to be as transparent as possible. There are two types of testing in regards to present mold in a home, the first of these is a direct fungal exam (swab/tape). A swab sample will determine if mold is present on the surface; the type and severity of the mold species present; and the toxicity level of the mold; while the air sample (when used with an outdoor baseline sample for comparison) will determine if elevated levels of airborne mold spores are present throughout the air in your premises and if so, the type, severity and toxicity level of the mold spores as well.
4. Tests will also be taken using moisture meters and air particle counters from both indoors and outdoors, showing immediate results which will be conveyed to you upon completion of your mold assessment.
5. Within 2-3 business days, we submit your laboratory results to you. Once the report is sent to you, a representative from our office will contact you to review your report and clarify the results of your mold inspection to provide recommendations on how you should proceed and will follow up with you as you see fit. We are dedicated to providing the most comprehensive report available in the industry. Top quality is our specialty as your personal objectives remain the foreground in establishing successful remediation or reparative action that is right for you.