FIRE DAMAGE RESTORATION
American Water Damage has a step-by-step process to restore your home or office after any fire damage.
Having a house fire is a terrible event. Even after the fire has been extinguished, the residual effects of high humidity, smoke and ash continue to cause damage to property as well as personal belongings which can create health risks. The faster the cleaning and restoration begins, the easier it is to minimize damage and reduce restoration costs.
Immediate treatment should start in the first twenty-four hours by a professional restoration company. This can be the difference between permanent damage or the restoration of recoverable assets and property to its pre-loss condition of the fire. A professional will assess the extent of damage, recommend treatment and identify objects that can not be treated and should be eliminated.
During a fire, smoke envelops the entire structure leaving acidic particulates on walls, floors, ceilings and any other objects in its path. Extinguishing the fire creates high humidity, which in turn expands the building components as well as other porous materials that can absorb odors and water.
After the fire, corrosive and acidic products generated by high temperatures and fire continue to affect structural materials, electrical equipment, appliances and other items. Within hours, grout, roofing, appliances and furniture finishes can stain, yellow or tarnish. Over time, the acid in the soot and ash interact with other materials that cause fading, corrosion, pitting, staining, and emissions of volatile airborne particles and gases.
Hydroxyl Generators take care of even the toughest of bacteria, odor, and volatile chemicals associated with smoke with 100% green technology, which means no chemicals or foggers. Hydroxyl Generators can be used immediately while people are still occupying the space.